/* This is where the background behind the title goes */
Currently in Novosibirsk:
Click for Novosibirsk, Russia Forecast
Novosibirsk Webcams
?
?
Our visitors:
Locations of visitors to this page
Might as well start organizing
Saturday, June 10, 2006
Over the next several weeks I'm going to try to get started on putting the nursery together. The first thing is just to decide on color the room should be. Stef and I went to Lowes and Home Depot and we literally grabbed every color swatch from the Disney and Nickelodeon collections. There's got to be about 70 different color swatches spread out all over the floor in the room right now. Since we're open to either gender, we'll need to keep the color scheme fairly neutral. No girly passionate pink or boyish boisterous blue for us.

The other thing I was going to start doing was trying to map out all the child proofing I need to do around the house. There's just a dizzyingly array of things that need to be taken care of. It's not just throwing a few outlet plugs around. I was doing some research in Consumer Reports to determine which types of cabinet/drawer locks, outlet plugs, etc. were rated the best. And they are definitely not all the same, some of the outlet plugs were actually considered choking hazards. Well, at least I have plenty of time to take care of all this.
posted by Steveg @ 10:23 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger adoptedthree said…

    Hi just found your blog on Frua
    would love to link it to mine

    http://spaces.msn.com/itsagirlseyler/

    Email me at boomerseyler@yahoo.com

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    Welcome to the bloggy world of Russian adoption. Good luck on the nursery and child proofing. I have yet to work on this stuff myself. Neutral is a good idea! Thanks for the link!

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    I'm so happy to find your blog to wile away my wait. We are awaiting our court date to bring our new daughter baby V home from Russia.

    I'm glad to read a Dad's point of view on a blog!

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    No girly pink, huh? My hubby feels the same way. But me? I would love nothing more than a pepto bismol room.

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger sandy said…

    I just discovered your blog through jeneflower. I'm looking forward to following your progress! We're down near Santa Cruz, and have recently finished our dossier, so we're "officially waiting".

    I had a babyproofing guy install some nifty outlet covers that replace the original covers on the outlets. They have a spring-loaded contraption inside that keeps the plug holes closed unless your slide your plug in to the left when you insert it. Let me know if you want more info and I'll see what I can scrape up. These outlet covers have worked great with our twins. I have all kinds of goodies I can recommend, when it's not so late. =)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Contributors:

steveg

yorkiemom


Our Story:

I'm Steve and this is my wife Stefanie. This is our story, mostly seen through my eyes, of the journey to create our family by adopting a child from Russia.

The Great Snowsuit Swap
Donate your old snowsuits or other one time use items to other adoptive parents at:
?
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

?


Original template design by Isnaini Dot Com
Thoughts

"The two greatest obstacles to democracy in the United States are, first, the widespread delusion among the poor that we have a democracy, and second, the chronic terror among the rich, lest we get it."

Edward Dowling