/* This is where the background behind the title goes */
Currently in Novosibirsk:
Click for Novosibirsk, Russia Forecast
Novosibirsk Webcams
?
?
Our visitors:
Locations of visitors to this page
After careful review....
Friday, April 06, 2007
I spent some time looking back on the pattern of how things have gone over the past year. Not to be a downer or anything but based on just what we've experienced, I think the most likely scenario is that accreditations will be several weeks away. Although I could be surprised (and certainly it would be a pleasant one) and accreditations are announced this month, I feel it's much more likely that we won't see anything occur until the end of May or June.

I'll welcome being wrong, but I have to be a realist and look at this in the same way I analyze investments and not as a human being with emotional ties to the situation but instead coldly and logically. And doing that leads me to believe that things won't clear up until summer time.

And so, as we have done with the other long delays, we'll probably be putting our adoption thoughts on the back burner. With spring already sprung here in the Northern California there's significant work that needs to be done to our garden. We were also going to be doing a semi-relandscaping of our front yard and I'm thinking that I might move that project up and get started now.

We had our backyard done a couple of years ago. But the front yard is just pretty generic and we wanted to have it look more like the back (I've posted some shots below, these are actually the ones we included in our dossier).

?

?

?
posted by Steveg @ 2:05 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger mommyto5 said…

    What an absolutely beautiful home, prayers reaccreditation happens soon for you guys:)

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Brandie said…

    Honesty is the way to go, and although it's not what we want to hear, it is somewhat okay to read.. at least it's a reality check!!!
    Nice backyard!! I want a one year picture... after you've adopted.. will you still have the time to keep the beautiful flowers like that???? inquiring minds want an update!!!!

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Cristina Warner said…

    We love your backyard. As you know, Christian especially loves the "spool". :-)

    Take care, we are thinking of you.

     
  • At 5:26 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    What a great back yard.
    I'm thinking June as well. But I really try not to think about it. I'm really trying to keep living during this process. It's hard but we'll both get there one day soon.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    OH your yard looks wonderful. There's NO SNOW. And everything is green! And a pool! And your pool isn't frozen! That bench looks perfect for reading a book.

    Sheesh, I need to get out of Alaska.

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your yard is GORGEOUS!!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    Isn't living in CA, great? I tell all of my Midwest friends who visit that everyone has a pool!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Contributors:

steveg

yorkiemom


Our Story:

I'm Steve and this is my wife Stefanie. This is our story, mostly seen through my eyes, of the journey to create our family by adopting a child from Russia.

The Great Snowsuit Swap
Donate your old snowsuits or other one time use items to other adoptive parents at:
?
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

?


Original template design by Isnaini Dot Com
Thoughts

"The two greatest obstacles to democracy in the United States are, first, the widespread delusion among the poor that we have a democracy, and second, the chronic terror among the rich, lest we get it."

Edward Dowling