/* This is where the background behind the title goes */
Currently in Novosibirsk:
Click for Novosibirsk, Russia Forecast
Novosibirsk Webcams
?
?
Our visitors:
Locations of visitors to this page
Our dinner with Andrei
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Well, I'm having a really hard time posting even with my self imposed closing of the blog in a couple of days. Partly it's because I'm busy but also because this blog was more about what the adoption journey was like for me and not what my life with my son is like.

But I noticed I don't post any pictures with the posts I have had the time to write, so I've decided to just make this post a mini picture fest.


First a great shot of Andrei having Christmas dinner. Those are sweet potatoes, one of the very few vegetable he likes.


Here's a big kiss from Mom on Christmas morning while we were opening presents.


Here's one of his favorite toys he got for Christmas a Tickle-Me-Ernie (sorry, we went for the Ernie rather than Elmo because both Stef and I like Ernie more).


Andrei loves to laugh and make others laugh. Here he is getting a major round of tickles from Mom. Next to him is his lovie which is a GlowWorm.


I think I mentioned before that contrary to what everyone tells you about orphanage kids hating baths, our guy loves them. We literally have to wait until he is done with the bath before it ends. If we try to take him out before he feels it's over we'll get a major temper tantrum. Anyway, here he is getting a bit too excited (yes, telling him to sit down is almost a nightly occurrence).


Of course next to bath time, eating is best.


We have subsequently given him a real play cell phone. But before we did that we have him an old solar calculator and told him it was a phone (So what, he thought it was real, and besides it was available). Anyway, so here he is with the "phone" sort of telling us he's busy with a call.



Of course after all this fun and play and action it's time for bed. Here's our cute little man on New Year's Eve. Unfortunately he had to hit the hay at his regular bedtime and missed out on the champagne.
posted by Steveg @ 10:38 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Cristina Warner said…

    I can't wait to see you guys and let him and Christian play together. I see many play dates in our future. Let me tell you, ENJOY this time. Pretty soon, he'll be shssing you (yes, this is Christian's new "adorable" act that he does to irritate mom).

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger JennStar said…

    He is just so precious!! Thanks for sharing those with us. And I just have to say that if we ever purchase a tickle-me guy, I'd get a cookie monster- elmo is overrated! hehehe. Good call on the Ernie.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Dede said…

    Great pics...thanks for sharing! He is a cutie. Will you be starting a new blog after you shut this one down? I hope so!

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger marsrob said…

    Incredible photos! Great to see him flourishing with you guys! It is amazing that we are all back home with our little ones. We wish your family the best ALWAYS.

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    I'm glad you posted some pictures. I love reading your updates but pictures are the best! I can't get over how much he looks like Stef! He is really cute.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Our girls favorite things are eating and bath time too! And the photo of Andrei sucking his thumb in his crib is just like our girls...

    Thanks for sharing the pictures!

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    Thanks for sharing the pics. He is such a cutie, and you can really see some fun personality in these shots!

    I will really miss this blog... I hope we are able to keep in touch! :)

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger adoptedthree said…

    Your blog has been inspirational it would be a shame if you closed it! I know they are work, but they do serve a wonderful purpose, like for us to ohh and ahh over your adorable little one

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So cute! Thanks for the pictures.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Contributors:

steveg

yorkiemom


Our Story:

I'm Steve and this is my wife Stefanie. This is our story, mostly seen through my eyes, of the journey to create our family by adopting a child from Russia.

The Great Snowsuit Swap
Donate your old snowsuits or other one time use items to other adoptive parents at:
?
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

?


Original template design by Isnaini Dot Com
Thoughts

"The two greatest obstacles to democracy in the United States are, first, the widespread delusion among the poor that we have a democracy, and second, the chronic terror among the rich, lest we get it."

Edward Dowling