/* This is where the background behind the title goes */
Currently in Novosibirsk:
Click for Novosibirsk, Russia Forecast
Novosibirsk Webcams
?
?
Our visitors:
Locations of visitors to this page
Just Passing the Time Away
Monday, April 30, 2007
Since there is no news on accreditation (and it has been awfully quiet in the adoption world), I figured I'd write about something during the drive to work this morning that caught my eye.

My commute to work each day is one of the worst in the San Francisco Bay Area. For those of you familiar with the area it includes I-680 into the Silicon Valley, so I spend a lot of time in my car (yes, I should be listening to my Russian CDs, since I'm still on Lesson 5).

But I digress, normally I spend time looking at the wildlife (cows, deer, and wild turkeys), but today I looked at the woman driving the red Volvo station wagon who was driving next to me. What was she doing?? Not reading a book, putting on makeup, reading the newspaper, talking on her cell phone, eating food with chopsticks (all activities I've personally witnessed). No, she was plucking her eyebrows! I mean please, I can somewhat understand doing some things while in the car if you're at a stoplight (I do my lipstick every morning) but plucking your eyebrows while on a freeway. Isn't that dangerous? I have enough problems when I'm at home in front of a huge mirror. Am I missing something? Is this really necessary on what I assume is your way to work?

PS - Steve's still around, but he's really the expert about the happenings in the adoption world and again, lots and lots of silence.
posted by yorkiemom @ 7:01 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Cristina Warner said…

    Oh was that you? LOL

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger mommyto5 said…

    Oh yes would say that is a tad bit dangerous:)Praying you guys hear good news soon on the adoption front I know this wait and uncertainty of when is the pits. My brother-in-law is in San Francisco would love to visit there sometime it seems there is so much to do and it is just beautiful. Drive safe:)

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    that is nuts, just nuts

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Rachael said…

    I'm laughing right now, because have you ever noticed that the natural sunlight in the car is THE BEST for bringing those stray hairs to your attention? I can't tell you how many times I've been driving and WISHED I had tweezers with me. But, NO, I haven't ever actually done it!
    BTW -- I'm a regular lurker on your site. You guys do a good job of keeping us all up on the news, so thanks for that.

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger yorkiemom said…

    I have to admit, I'm not really in tune with having to pluck eyebrows since mine are pretty thin and blond - along with my eyelashes.

    I do refuse to leave the house without mascara on, but have never put that on in the car.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    One of these days, she is going to get bumped from behind and poke her eye out.

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    I'm hoping you get some awesome news from the Bat-Phone on Wednesday!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Contributors:

steveg

yorkiemom


Our Story:

I'm Steve and this is my wife Stefanie. This is our story, mostly seen through my eyes, of the journey to create our family by adopting a child from Russia.

The Great Snowsuit Swap
Donate your old snowsuits or other one time use items to other adoptive parents at:
?
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

?


Original template design by Isnaini Dot Com
Thoughts

"The two greatest obstacles to democracy in the United States are, first, the widespread delusion among the poor that we have a democracy, and second, the chronic terror among the rich, lest we get it."

Edward Dowling