/* This is where the background behind the title goes */
Currently in Novosibirsk:
Click for Novosibirsk, Russia Forecast
Novosibirsk Webcams
?
?
Our visitors:
Locations of visitors to this page
Tomorrow is another day
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Regrettably my anger over the stupidity of the oxymoron known as "Russian government" has kept me from posting anything on the blog lately. And that trend will most likely continue for the next several months. On a positive side we're actually currently having a great time in our lives right now, as long as we don't think about adoption, which thankfully we are avoiding quite well.

Stef will most likely give out any inside info we acquire and relate anything else that strikes her fancy (like bad drivers for example). But my current temperament with the process has so much contempt that the venom that would flow from my keyboard really would serve no purpose. Getting mad doesn't solve anything and stating the obvious that most government leaders lack leadership does very little as well.

This is not a hopeless situation, quite the contrary. No war lasts forever, good (in a global sense) always conquers evil, and eventually intelligence overcomes stupidity (I even have hope for the current world leaders on that one). And what we're shooting for is not world peace, so I'm extremely confident that the outcome will be a positive one for us in a relatively short time.

But for the time being, I'm going to be taking an "Adoption Vacation" or more aptly a vacation away from adoption. I've learned from Stef that sometimes the best thing to do is to walk away from a bad situation for awhile. Probably best embodied by the great Scarlett O'Hara quote...

"I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day."
posted by Steveg @ 10:15 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A beautiful post, and I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time with the Russian government.

    My favorite singer has a brilliant line that I think suits your situation:

    "Ripples come, and ripples go: Ripple back to me."

    Remember, the very nature of living on stormy seas is that the tide always turns in your favor.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    i hear you!

    i've been blogging about 1.5 years and everyone (well, 99%) have come home with children (some paths more bumpy or unfortunate than others). so i have to have faith that the system will work for us too. eventually.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    I like that quote. It's very good thing to keep in mind during this process.
    It's okay to walk away. It's okay to get angry. But come back soon. I do miss your posts. Your research on how to change a diaper and which diaper bag to get. You're always so informative.
    Take a break as long as you need.
    And as Tricia said it will happen. So don't lose faith.

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Taking a break sounds like a good plan. Things will turn around, but while the Russian government is figuring everything out, it's probably best to do your own thing and enjoy the down-time from adoption.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, I am with you. It stinks that when I want to ignore this we have to re-do all of our paperwork, homestudy and fingerprints. It feels like starting all over again- without the hope we had when first starting out.

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Cristina Warner said…

    It's a long hard road and you have every right to feel what you are feeling. It will happen. And when it does, all the pain you feel today will seem like a distant dream from a very long time ago.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger kate said…

    you know, scarlet DID always get what she wanted. (of course she got rhett back.)

    let's hope we all have lots of blogworthy news soon!

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    I don't know if you read message boards, but during the wait, I stopped reading them. There were so many rumors, and it served no purpose for me. It made a HUGE difference. It was hard, because like you, I always did a lot of research. But it helped with my sanity :)

    I hope you hear something soon. This whole situation is crazy.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Contributors:

steveg

yorkiemom


Our Story:

I'm Steve and this is my wife Stefanie. This is our story, mostly seen through my eyes, of the journey to create our family by adopting a child from Russia.

The Great Snowsuit Swap
Donate your old snowsuits or other one time use items to other adoptive parents at:
?
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

?


Original template design by Isnaini Dot Com
Thoughts

"The two greatest obstacles to democracy in the United States are, first, the widespread delusion among the poor that we have a democracy, and second, the chronic terror among the rich, lest we get it."

Edward Dowling