/* This is where the background behind the title goes */
Currently in Novosibirsk:
Click for Novosibirsk, Russia Forecast
Novosibirsk Webcams
?
?
Our visitors:
Locations of visitors to this page
Diaper bag...check
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
We pulled the trigger on getting a couple of diaper bags. I bought mine first and (obviously out of jealously) Stef bought one. I ended up going with the Diaper Dude bag. Originally I didn't want to spend that much but after going back and forth for literally months, I realized that it was the best bag for me. I had to have a bag that did not look like a diaper bag and yet have tons of pockets and useful features.

The clincher was when I just recently replaced my camera bag. I had bought a smaller one that had lots of little pockets and such but was just too small for both a digital camera and a camcorder (and the wires, tapes, etc.). So that really made an impression on me for the need for a diaper bag that could hold everything I potentially will need to hold. When I first wrote about which diaper bag to get there were a ton of comments and as most of the people had recommended, I would need a larger bag than what I first thought. And dealing with my camera bag I realized they were right.

I've been fiddling with it and I do like it. I hate backpacks as I had previously mention but this bag has some of the benefits that a backpack provides. It's carried over the chest so you don't need to hang onto it. And as some folks had said, that's a tough task when also holding onto a squirming baby. And it does seem to be made very well, in some cases much better than some of the lower priced bags I had been looking at. So overall I'm pretty happy with it. Of course the big test is yet to come.


Update: Stef's bag got here today. To answer Debbie comment, she ended up just getting a low end one from Target. I think she was trying to shy away from some of the more expensive ones after she showed me the Burberry bag for $500 and I said..."Ok, but you'll have to tell the kid why he was only able to get a lump of coal for Christmas."

Actually she said she just wanted to get a cheap one to see what she really needed in a diaper bag and wanted to experiment with something that was under $30. Since the Kate Spade ones go for $200+, I was needless to say pleased she's trying this one out first. And of course I'm secretly praying that she ends up liking it and only needing this one.
posted by Steveg @ 10:03 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    I like it! What did Stef end up getting??

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Contributors:

steveg

yorkiemom


Our Story:

I'm Steve and this is my wife Stefanie. This is our story, mostly seen through my eyes, of the journey to create our family by adopting a child from Russia.

The Great Snowsuit Swap
Donate your old snowsuits or other one time use items to other adoptive parents at:
?
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

?


Original template design by Isnaini Dot Com
Thoughts

"The two greatest obstacles to democracy in the United States are, first, the widespread delusion among the poor that we have a democracy, and second, the chronic terror among the rich, lest we get it."

Edward Dowling